Monday, July 18, 2011

Sheer Insanity Race Team Calendar Shoot

I know its been a few weeks since I've posted on here, but here's why! Its been a very hectic and amazing couple weeks! Several months ago Kathy Wills came to me and asked if I would be willing to photograph a calendar shoot for the Team. Knowing that proceeds will be going to " The Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation" I jumped on the chance, lets face it anytime I'm able to work with the trucks I'm thrilled! However this one has a special meaning for me, as cancer has touched my family! After months of prep, meetings, discussions and hard work we were finally ready to shoot the calendar images.
The day started out promising to be a hot one! We arrived shortly after 1 pm with as slight breeze, a wisp of cloud and sun as far as the eye could see! The fields and coulee's were amazingly green and rolling! Kathy greeted us with a hug and a huge smile. She of course looked gorgeous as always! My team and I started unloading and moved everything into the "Media area" A wonderfully cool and quiet place where we could take a few mins reprieve from the heat of the day!

Once we were set up we, found Kathy and sat on the deck for a last min discussion and planning session! Then it was time to groom the animals, and set up the trucks. My assistant/back upshooter had the task of photographing all the outtakes of the day! I have to say Jen did a amazing job! her images are top knotch and exactly what I was looking for. Here's an image of Jen getting to know Shooter... one of the fur-babies that would be modelling. Let me tell you he is one heck of a horse!

Once everything was set up and everyone arrived it was time to start! Throughout the day we had over 40 sponsors and friends of the Sheer Insanity team with us! I met so many fantastic people that day! All of whom excepted me and gave me some great laughs. Here's a shot of the first set of the day

I made a new friend during the day ..Little Katyln at the tender age of 2 was afraid of the trucks after they had been running. We were attempting to get her to pose with mom and dad and the trucks but she wanted nothing to do with it! She for some reason took to me like candy so we ended up having my assistant ( jen of J.M photography) take the shot with me holding little one and standing beside mom and dad! Little katyln and i spent alot of time together that day!

Once all the sponsor images were done it was time to move the trucks.. an oppurtunity for me to grab a drink and dump the cards. I had a serious case of missing drinks throughout the day lol.. Turns out my daughter was drinking them as I would hand them to her to hold for me.. gotta love kids huh? Once the second set was done, It was time for some much needed Dinner. It was approximately 7:30 by this point. I wish i had taken a snapshot of the spread that was provided for us! Amazing food, good company and a ton of laughs!!! I was happy to sit for a few mins and rest my weary feet lol. Other than Jen my team had dissapeared out of the blistering heat long ago.
Third set of the day, thats Kathy lining up TNT for me
After Dinner things has started to cool down, the boys were done playing with snakes and I had cooled off enough to get back at it. Remember Jen was along side me the entire time without a complaint! Thanks girl! I started to round up those who would be modelling into the evening session! Kathy went and rounded up the boys ( Beau and Shooter the amazing horses) as well as her mum and Cody and Shadow ( her beautiful boys ..pups). We all headed into the field and began work again. We worked with Kathy and her mom and Ged first and then It was time for the big boys.. Beau and shooter. Shooter is quite the boy! When i didn't want him in the shot he waltzed right in and stood in the middle of the set...

Phew are you getting tired keeping up with the events of the day? I know i am lol. Ok now it was time to work strictly with Kathy Wills! This was a rare oppurtunity for Kathy to model with her truck! Normally the only time TNT is 'tired up" is when they are doing shows.. and with show schedules there is no time to pose with the truck! Oh my goodness can we say laughter! We had so much fun! Kathy was cussing me out the entire time but laughing at the same time! Huge Kudo's to Kathy girl! It was HOT, uncomfortable and she still managed to pull off some beautiful shots! Here's a pull back of the session with Kathy

Once we all done with Kathy's part of the shoot I sent her back up to the house and started to wait! Jen stuck with me. We were the only ones in the field at this point.Everyone was up at the house relaxing after a long days work... I still had not seen a member of my team for some time at this point! Traitors.. lol just kidding... it was very hot out i can't blame them for hiding inside. here's what i was patiently waiting for in the field.. All I can say is what a way to end the day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment