Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Stormy Week in the Life of a photographer

Its been a very stormy and harsh week! Where to start... well lets go back to monday. Just after I wrote my blog for last week, I ended up having my nose broken by a young boy at the pool! I had taken my daughter and a couple friends swimming. While standing chatting with the girls in the pool I turned my head and WHAM! I was hit straight across the nose with one of those hard rubber diving rings! After grabbing my face ( yep i grabbed my face) and desperately attempted not to pass out in the pool I managed to mumble a garbled " its ok.. it was an accident" to the mother. I rounded up the kids and headed home! After a long night of agony I then realized in the morning when I looked in the mirror that my nose was indeed broken, It sat crookedly on my face, surrounded by bluish/green bruising and massive amounts of swelling. Oh joy.. this was looking to be a great week! Having a ton of work that still needed to be done I emailed and called everyone and begged off their finished work for one more day, I desperately needed to rest, I could barely eat anything at this point!
Phew it was starting out to be a great week lol. Tuesday woke to grey skys and heavy rain.. No shoots for the day so i settled in with a very large cup of coffee and my list of " To Do's". I managed to get about an hours worth of work done before needing to | rest my face" lol yep even moving my eyes hurt! This last week has been full of finishing up my work load, nursing my poor nose and helping my daughter study for her exams. Work wise the week has been pretty quiet!

Last night we had "another" storm.. it seems it has been a very wet and rainy spring so far. Seemed almost fitting that a massive storm cell would move in on the eve of "Summer Solstice" But wow did I capture some amazing images!! The sunset was unbelievably beautiful, with the massive storm cell looming just above it!

Just before the storm hit I managed an amazing shot of the sky.. here it is
At this point I was lost in the storm frenzy that sometimes over takes me! In the distance I heard a worried " Where are you honey?" from my husband.. my daughter replied with " She's taking photos of the storm dad" Lost in the beauty and amazement of Natures fury I went back to what i was doing. Shortly after this the lightening started.. and Wow was it transfixing and amazing to watch. Here's one example from last night.
Finally i shut the camera down for the night and decided to check my emails. Patiently waiting for me inside was an email from KBGRAPHICS! My New logo decals were ready and I could pick them up the following morning. Yaaay I was super stoked about this one! These logo's will go on "TNT MONSTER TRUCK! How many girls can say they have their names on a MONSTER TRUCK??? Not that many let me tell you lol. Kathy Wills and her husband are currently travelling back from Highlevel Alberta, where they took part in the MUDBOGS! So I am very stoked for their return so I can take the Logo Decals over to her! I cannot wait to see them on the truck! All in all its been an interesting, eventful and fun week! Oh and Happy Fathers Day to all the daddies out there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment