Monday, June 13, 2011

June 13th A day in the Life

Wow what a busy week and weekend it has been!! Last weekend I spent the entire weekend with TNT and Sheer Insanity"Canada's only husband and wife Monster Truck Team! "TNT" is owned and driven by Canada's only Female Monster Truck Driver! For the first time Ever they were a part of "Spectrum" a Fantastic Fun in the sun celebration! I was Joined by Jennifer Oliver of . I was unable to be there for certain parts of the event so she was able to cover for me! By the end of the weekend we were all seriously sunburnt but very happy! It Couldn't have gone better!

I also had the privilege of doing a fantastic engagement session with an amazing couple during last weekend. Due to the flooding that has happened recently our first location had to be changed due to the wild life reserve being closed. We were able to use Strathcona park instead. Now normally when I am doing a shoot I like to dress nice, however knowing that I was shooting monster trucks right after their session I chose Jeans and a t shirt. Thank Goodness they understood! I felt seriously under dressed for their special session! I have to say they are one of the best couples that I have had the pleasure of working with, the entire session was full of laughter and fun!

Needless to say I was wiped by the end of the weekend! The rest of the week was spent with me racing to try and catch up on editing! Between monster trucks, engagement sessions, a trash the dress session before, a fireman session I was waaaay behind in editing! On Thursday My daughter had her end of the year School BBQ! I figured it would be fun but imagine my surprise when I arrived and discovered Colleen Garland, my good friend and Amazing Henna artist was there! ,It was fantastic to see her again! I seem to have a habit of bumping into her when I least expect it! If your ever looking for Henna I highly recommend Colleen! SHE DOES NOT USE BLACK HENNA and her Henna is completely natural and her talent is amazing!
This last weekend was split between editing, yard work and family obligations! It was fun but tiring!
I have several new projects on the go! One being " Can you make the cut" I am currently looking for models to go through a modelling process The final 5 will partake in the final theme which I hope to display in my newest Gallery exhibit! I will also be taking part in the Medicine Hat Stampede Visual arts Show again this year! Both my daughter and I took part last year and it was so amazing to do so with her! its difficult enough as an adult to put your work out there, its even more difficult as a young lady! I am also working on a " Perceived Perception " Project which I will unveil soon! All in all its been an amazing two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment